- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Directions to prepare:
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add chicken, bell pepper, green onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium- high heat. Add the cooked brown rice; cook and stir to heat through. Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar and peas, and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Return the chicken mixture to the skillet and stir to blend with the rice and heat through before serving.